Telecommunications Test Engineer
Veracity Engineering is an industry leader in aviation engineering and management consulting. We apply proven principles and innovative approaches to solve tomorrow’s problems today. Since 2001, Veracity’s staff of experienced, passionate and creative professionals has provided our government and commercial clients with innovative solutions to modernize air traffic systems and advance global initiatives in safety, efficiency, and capacity.
What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Network Systems Test Engineer working at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center located in Atlantic City, New Jersey. This position will be responsible for supporting Veracity’s Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise Program, Infrastructure and Communication Services contract. The candidate will work on the IV&V testing activities in support of the NEXCOM project, which include testing of the VoIP radios, supporting the VoIP N-VIT lab, VoIP ED-137 standards tasks, and other branch activities.
What you will get to do:
• Test and evaluate policies and processes, including test plan, test procedure and test report development, and test execution.
• Analyze and edit both draft and final versions of a variety of scientific and technical papers, graphics, and manuscripts prepared by professional staff, management, or outside contractors.
• Pseudo Wire Emulation, software and prototype development, data quality assessment, security, and system architecture and design.
• Requirement’s development, analysis, and verification.
• Establish communications test beds, including facility, physical, interface, and installation requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in science-related field with minimum eight (8) years of professional engineering experience OR Master’s degree and five (5) years of experience.
• Knowledge of radio equipment, preferably Air/Ground radios used for air traffic control (ATC).
• Knowledge of networking & telecommunication standards, protocols, and topologies.
• Direct experience with configurations and management of network technologies, Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols/standards and network equipment such as network monitoring devices, routers and switching equipment (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, other).
Would be nice to have but not required:
• Minimum of ten (10) years of networking & telecommunication experience preferred.
• FAA NAS communication / telecommunication/ voice switching systems experience.
• FAA Radio Control Equipment (RCE), VHF, and UHF radio operations and testing.
• Experience on Pseudo Wire emulation and QoS techniques and implementation.
• Analog, digital voice and data operation (signaling on 2-wire and 4-wire circuits), and Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols.
• Familiarity with test and evaluation policies and processes to maintain compliance to ISO 9001:2015 (or later) standards.
• Experience with communications test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers, transmission impairment measurement sets, oscilloscopes, RF power meters, power quality testers, and communication analyzers.
• Communication/voice switching system troubleshooting.
At Veracity, we want our employees to excel and grow professionally. With an emphasis on continuing education, we demonstrate our commitment to employee growth and development by providing tuition reimbursement for education and certifications. In addition to tuition reimbursement, we offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: competitive health benefits package, paid time off, 401K matching, and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions)
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Veracity hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on the shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Veracity will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Veracity’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
Veracity believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Veracity will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.