What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for Systems Safety Engineer with superior Technical Lead in the heart of Washington, DC. The successful candidate will support the FAA Office of NextGen (ANG) in the strategic development and implementation of enterprise safety risk management as part ANG’s air traffic management transformation.
What you will get to do:
• Provide technical leadership, strategic and tactical planning, and administration of FAA Core Task Order.
o Manage team of employees and sub-contractors in providing technical services in enterprise-level Safety Risk Management (SRM), systems engineering and information security.
o Track and monitor task order funding, labor hours, staffing and task order performance to ensure alignment with contract requirements.
o Develop and oversee project timelines to accommodate government milestones and yearly business plan targets.
o Coordinate the preparation, quality review and on-schedule delivery of contract deliverables.
o Serve as communication bridge between Veracity and the FAA contracting office.
• Support federal client with developing and implementing systems engineering tools and resources correlating to enterprise-level SRM.
• Conduct comprehensive safety review and analysis of various FAA projects and artifacts (e.g., SRM documents) for SRM compliance.
o Recommend technical design review inputs for safety analysis documentation, FAA Policies and Orders, and other agency safety documentation.
• Manage the administration and operation of the FAA Safety Collaboration Team, dedicated to the oversight of cross-organizational SRM activities for planned airspace change concepts and other enterprise-wide safety issues, including meeting coordination and facilitation, document preparation (i.e., briefs, meeting minutes), and work task coordination.
• Serve as File Custodian for federal client records and information management activities.
• Support SRM Panel activities associated with ANG projects, operational improvements or related safety analyses, including facilitation, document development, and SRM process consultation.
• Support the ongoing development and maintenance of enterprise safety tools and resources.
• Develop and/or review FAA safety reports, policy, and regulatory documents.
• Organize and facilitate technical meetings for the customer as well as external ANG stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Please note: Master’s Degree or MBA in related field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience or PhD in related field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and 7 years’ experience.
• A minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Direct federal client contracting experience.
• Project management skills.
• Technical team leadership.
• Task order management, specifically on the government contractor side.
• Superior critical thinking and management skills.
• Excellent communication and people management skills.
• Subcontractor management.
• Working knowledge of Safety Management System (SMS) (i.e., SRM, Safety Assurance, Safety Policy, Safety Promotion).
Would be nice to have but not required:
• PMP a HUGE plus.
• FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS) knowledge.
• Systems Engineering knowledge and principles.