WHAT THE POSITION ENTAILS:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Software User Interface Designer that supports the Federal Aviation Administration in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. This role will make an impact by meeting the future needs of our FAA customer that includes securing data across networks in the enterprise.
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Attends and may lead meetings, design reviews, working groups and briefings.
- Performs other related duties in line with task assignments.
- Ability to present designs and solutions to various Team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- AJW-175 RMLS Software Team requires User Interface (UI) Designer to work with Software Team to support RMLS applications. The successful candidate will collaborate with team members and stake holders in designing RMLS application to user needs, as well as to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Math, or a Bachelor’s degree in another technical field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and fifteen (15) years of related work experience in a computer science or math field. OR, Master’s Degree in any field of study with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of either undergrad or grad study in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and twelve (12) years related work experience in a computer science or math field.
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and be willing to work together in support of team goals
- Ability to adapt to an agile environment
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
Additional Skills a Plus:
• Web server-side knowledge (Apache/IIS)
At Veracity, we want our employees to excel and grow professionally. With an emphasis on continuing education, we demonstrate our commitment to employee growth and development by providing tuition reimbursement for education and certifications. In addition to tuition reimbursement, we offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: competitive health benefits package, paid time off, 401K matching, and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions)
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Veracity hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on the shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Veracity will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Veracity’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
Veracity believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Veracity will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.