Veracity Engineering is an industry leader in aviation engineering and management consulting. We apply proven principles and innovative approaches to solve tomorrow’s problems today. Since 2001, Veracity’s staff of experienced, passionate and creative professionals has provided our government and commercial clients with innovative solutions to modernize air traffic systems and advance global initiatives in safety, efficiency, and capacity.
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Software Asset Manager. This position will provide management and support for IT hardware and software assets on behalf of Government customers to include, inventory management, asset tracking, asset deployment, software & license management and asset disposal.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Supports and maintains helpdesk ticketing queue for requests and assistance. Manages day to day requests from end-users to fulfill software licensing needs and answer queries.
- Assists in fulfilling and provisioning IT software and associated services to end users.
- Participates in the managing, tracking, utilization, and reporting of software assets throughout the agency.
- Maintain asset management system, keeping it up to date for all equipment assets through their life cycle.
- Establish a systematic method to define life cycle of an asset and make recommendations as and when any asset needs to be replaced or retired.
- Work with vendors to evaluate new technology/upgrades on our assets, related to efficiency/energy improvement, maintenance cost reduction and life cycle improvement.
- Monitor all asset and equipment management expenditures, repairs and maintenance, utilization and under-utilized equipment and all asset movements.
- Applies experience to analyze end-user requests and determines those that can be quickly resolved; working them to realize time management benefits.
- Collaborates with team members to share information and best practices, to build knowledge management within the team.
- Responds to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Processes and maintains software licensing documentation
- Ensures collection and maintenance of accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address software compliance and inventory
- Assist in maintaining the media library of all SW assets.
To qualify, you should possess the following minimum skills and experience:
- Two (2) to six (6) years of professional experience in the IT field.
- Must have at least five (5) years of related experience managing IT assets to include, delivery and staging, asset tracking, asset deployment, license management, and asset disposal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field. (Five (5) years of relevant experience may be substituted)
- Comfortable using technology, including smart phones and computers
- Working knowledge of Asset Management Life Cycle to include: Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control, License Management, and Inventory Decommissioning or Disposal.
- Ability to use Asset Management Program tools such as barcode and RFID hardware and software.