What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Program Manager working at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center located in Atlantic City, New Jersey. This position serves as a Lead for a group of Task Orders, Subtasks and other types of work packages as prescribed by contract or client needs. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership, strategic and tactical planning, and oversight in the management and administration of the associated work and its assigned resources.
What you will get to do:
• Lead Business Operations of our New Jersey Office.
• Provide a two-way interface for corporate level communications with our New Jersey employees.
• Lead a team that will develop business opportunities in the New Jersey area securing new and building out existing work in the out years and establishing new business.
• Ensure technical performance of all Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) area products and services within cost and schedule.
• Operate proactively and provide leadership to ensure successful initiation, planning, execution, and control of the projects within your sphere of authority.
• Lead and manage the work efforts for cross-functional teams and multi-vendor efforts as the prime contractor.
• Serve as primary Point of Contact for Contracting Officer/Technical Representative (COR), potentially serving as Project Manager for one or more contracts and/or task orders.
• Plan, track, and report labor requirements and hours, and identify the critical path to manage Earned Value for each task; track and manage funding and expenses; track, report, and resolve problems.
• Manage the technical, operational, and policy aspects and involve stakeholders from multiple organizations, contracts, and/or aviation industry segments accordingly.
• Engage project stakeholders, demonstrating collaborative skills and facilitating consensus solutions to complex technical, operational, and/or policy problems.
• Establish communications test beds, including facility, physical, interface, and installation requirements.
• Communicate project status, risks, issues, and opportunities both verbally and in writing.
• Support the development of client-required reports, briefings, and other communications for internal and external audiences.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field of study and twenty (20) or more years of relevant experience.
NOTE: Master’s Degree in Engineering or Mathematics and fifteen (15) or more years of relevant experience.
• Fifteen (15) years of management and supervisory experience required.
• Proven track record of successfully developing and leading teams on government contracts.
• Experience with the FAA required.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic partnerships with the customer and contractor community.
• Exceptional communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant government regulations and standards.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and business skills.
• Experience using work breakdown structures, Gantt charts, critical path analyses, PERT charts; PMP certification preferred.
Would be nice to have but not required:
• Minimum of ten (10) years of networking & telecommunication experience strongly preferred.
• FAA Tech Center experience strongly preferred.
• FAA NAS communication/telecommunication/voice switching systems experience.
• FAA Radio Control Equipment (RCE), VHF and UHF radio operations and testing.
• Networking &telecommunication standards, protocols, and topologies.
• Experience on Pseudo Wire emulation and QoS techniques and implementation.
• Analog, digital voice and data operation (signaling on 2-wire and 4-wire circuits) and Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols.
• Familiarity with test and evaluation policies and processes to maintain compliance to ISO 9001:2015 (or later) standards.
• Experience with communications test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers, transmission impairment measurement sets, oscilloscopes, RF power meters, power quality testers and communication analyzers.
• Communication/voice switching system troubleshooting.