What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master at the William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment and should possess solid collaborative skills which will refine the software development processes, contributing cross-functional technical and product expertise, assessing and managing risks, and anticipating and resolving bottleneck issues. The ideal candidate will actively seek to understand core business values and initiatives and translate those into forward looking solutions.
What you will get to do:
- Interact with developers, business analysts, QA, process engineers, customer service, and senior management on a daily basis.
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with team members to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Build good working relationships within the team and with others across the organization by developing and earning the trust of others.
- Manage cross-functional team issue resolution.
- Work with and mentor an elite team and be skilled at identifying and building solutions across technology teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional and relevant experience,
- Familiarity with application development life cycle and/or Agile software development processes.
- Experience with common/widely used Agile tools.
- Experience in Agile Framework.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile roles and preparation, ceremonies, and releases.
- Demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes.
- Ability to identify potential project trends and risks and communicate to management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Would be nice to have but not required:
- Experience in other roles as a Product Owner, Release Train Engineer, etc.
- Experience training teams and large groups.