What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Network Systems Tester at the William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ. This position will provide second level support for the system development, testing, integration, and deployment activities for the Aeronautical Information Modernization Management (AIMM) systems.
What you will get to do:
- Provide expertise in software requirements analysis, design, design reviews, development, software testing, integration, installation, and maintenance of complex computer systems.
- Review and comment on system engineering documents, system requirement documents, and system testing documents.
- Attend system design reviews, technical interchange meetings, and any other meetings as requested to support the program and team.
- Support system development/testing/integration/deployment activities for AIMM systems.
- Develop and manage system engineering artifacts, system requirements artifacts, system testing artifacts, and required product baseline artifacts.
- Create and conduct Web Service tests using SoapUI test program.
- Maintain Oracle database test scripts.
- Participate in system test and key site test activities as a tester.
- Debug software issues in Linux and Windows environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional and relevant Data Science experience.
- Possess a technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, computing environments, and virtualization.
- Possess a technical understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java Message Service (JMS), Web Services (NOT Web Page Development), and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Communication Protocol.
- Ability to read/decipher/troubleshoot XML files and Web Services Description Languages (WSDL).
- Ability to support software applications in Linux and Windows environments.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of automated test tools.
- Working knowledge of XML files and XML transformations.
- Knowledge of Python scripting.
Would be nice to have but not required:
- Working knowledge of Web Service and Java Message Service (JMS) Testing with SoapUI Test tool.
- Working knowledge of Linux shell scripts.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems.
- Knowledge of SQL scripts for Relational Database testing.