WHAT THE POSITION ENTAILS:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer supporting the FAA at their headquarters in Washington, DC or the William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ. The successful candidate will provide expertise in requirements analysis, design, design reviews, development, testing, integration, installation, and maintenance of complex systems.
What you will get to do:
- Provide expertise in the development and improvement of engineering development processes.
- Develop and maintain network configurations that will support laboratory development and testing assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or another technical field.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional and relevant experience in Network Engineering.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA, CCNP) or F5 Certified BIG-IP Administer (F5-CA) certifications preferred
- Experience with software programming C, C++, Java, SQL, and scripting utilities.
- Experience with large-scale environments and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with web-based applications
- Must have both LAN and WAN experience
- Ability to read, understand and perform instructions and procedures for advanced, technical applications and equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply formal software test standards.
- Ability to orally communicate technical details.
- Ability to write status, reports, and papers on relevant technical subjects.
- Experience with FAA NAS (National Airspace System) is a plus
At Veracity, we want our employees to excel and grow professionally. With an emphasis on continuing education, we demonstrate our commitment to employee growth and development by providing tuition reimbursement for education and certifications. In addition to tuition reimbursement, we offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: competitive health benefits package, paid time off, 401K matching, and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions)
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Veracity hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on the shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Veracity will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Veracity’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
Veracity believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Veracity will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.