What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Systems Safety Engineer in the heart of Washington, DC. The successful candidate will support various safety risk management (SRM) efforts in support of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Efforts include model-based systems engineering (MBSE) safety analyses, the development of SRM practitioner tools, peer review of SRM documents, and the drafting of various guidance documents.
What you will get to do:
- Build SysML models that describe components of the National Airspace System (NAS) in support of MBSE.
- Develop requirements documents to support development of SRM practitioner tools.
- Provide technical peer review of SRM documents that ensure compliance with the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Safety Management System (SMS).
- Develop SRM guidance documents and assessments.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing systems engineering expertise.
- Attend on-site meetings, client meetings, and design team meetings.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
**Please note: Master’s degree or MBA in related field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and 1 years of experience**
- A minimum of three (3) years of system safety experience.
- Knowledge of Safety Management System (SMS) (i.e., SRM, Safety Assurance, Safety Policy, Safety Promotion).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct federal client contracting experience.
- Technical team support.
- Critical thinking and management skills.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
Not Required but Nice to Have
- Experience working with the FAA.