What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst with government billing and contracting experience working in the heart of Washington, DC. The Financial Analyst role supports the Finance Department in carrying out the financial and accounting responsibilities of the company. This specific role will primarily focus on billing and corporate reporting functions within the Finance team. The Financial Analyst will also assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
What you will get to do:
• Produces accurate invoices, analysis, and reconciliations for Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M) and Cost-Plus contract types. Obtains invoice approvals, enters invoice into the accounting and billing system and timely delivers invoices to clients.
• Prepares invoices for federal clients in compliance with federal invoicing compliance policy (FAR), adhering to standardized billing processes, reviewing, understanding, and interpreting billing parameters and billing terms and conditions stated in the contracts and subcontracts. Explores solutions to meet the needs of the client according to policies and guidelines.
• Maintains accurate records of billing calculations and records, including contracts and modifications, invoice supporting documentation, email approvals, indirect rate true-ups, overpayments, invoice cancellations and related items.
• Coordinates with project management and Contract Administrator to assure invoices accuracy.
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures document for assigned area.
• Compiles supporting documentation for audits.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Management.
• Five to seven (5-7) years of professional finance and billing experience, specifically related to government contracts.
• Thorough understanding of Government Contracts, acquisition regulations, and acts and industry.
• Experience with job costing, invoicing, A/R, revenue management, financial reporting.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A high proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office suite.
• Superior Excel skills.
• Highly efficient, productive, and organized.
Would be nice to have but not required:
• Experience using PROCAS.