What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Capture Manager in our Headquarters located in the heart of Washington, DC. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has at least three years of experience with acquiring new opportunities with existing clients, defending follow-on competitions, renewing contracts and creating and implementing business plans to expand Veracity’s footprint within the FAA and other federal agencies. This position will be primarily focused on the capture of new business and contract opportunities.
What you will get to do:
• Leads business development and capture activities to achieve long-term results, including customer retention and winning new agency business.
• Research and analysis of business opportunities, consistent with the organization’s long range and strategic plans.
• Assists with the development of capability statements and proposals for prospective customers.
• Understands customer pain points, issues and challenges and leverages that information into business capture opportunities.
• Identifies market opportunities and works with Veracity teams to grow profitable revenue for the company.
• Creates a business plan for success that includes marketing activities, pipeline development in conjunction with hiring and proposal management teams and strategic selling, prospect qualification, strategic sales process planning, exploring and closing all new business and revenue opportunities.
• Manage the effective execution of capture pursuits, tracking performance to cost and schedule, and communicating status to leadership.
• Support Business Development and/or Divisions to develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers and partners, including next generation technology vendors.
• Shape opportunities and our position throughout the opportunity life-cycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
• Three to five (3-5) years of hands-on experience in Capture Management for Federal Contractors or consultancy firms.
• Experience capturing with medium to large opportunities within Federal agencies, to include quick turnaround task orders on agency specific Multiple Award IDIQ Contracts as well as GWACs.
• Successful past performance developing customer relationships, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture efforts.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the federal government acquisition and budgeting processes.
• Excellent personnel and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication, proposal writing and presentation skills.