What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a driven, detail-oriented, and experienced Business Analyst with Aviation subject matter expertise for the FAA. The successful candidate will provide complex data and business analysis and strategic high-visibility advice to the FAA Office of Policy, International Affairs, and Environment. Additionally, the incumbent will perform research and analysis and contribute their top-notch analytical and project management skills to a dynamic and ever-evolving portfolio of projects to support and facilitate both functional and cross-functional planning needs. This position is located in the FAA headquarters in the heart of Washington, DC.
What you will get to do:
• Analyze issues, advise management, and support the development, facilitation, coordination, and implementation of crosscutting aviation policies, goals, and priorities.
• Develop business models, identify best practices, and create and assess performance measures.
• Recommend new processes, systems, or policies to enhance organizational performance.
• Apply your understanding of FAA business drivers and organizational relationships to identify critical interrelationships and their impact on long- and short-term goals and objectives.
• Apply your knowledge, analysis, evaluation, and professional discretion in selecting the most appropriate approach to a particular challenge.
• Work in a team setting with work products reviewed intermittently, including at major milestones and at completion, for policy and strategy compliance, as well as for alignment with the requirements of specific projects or other work activities.
• Possess the desired business acumen to identify and select the most appropriate approach to a specific challenge to garner the best possible out.
• Define and assess project-specific performance measures.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, MBA or MPA preferred.
- A minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- High level of proficiency with strategic planning and business modeling.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts and proposed solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate conclusions into visualizations and narratives.
- A demonstrated passion for strategy and insights.
- At ease communicating with C-Suite executive leadership.
Would be nice to have but not required:
• FAA experience high desirable.